Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:57:00 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to install xorg using pkg_add

On 10/01/2013 16:30, Scott Eberl wrote:
> Hello, I just installed FreeBSD last night using the bootonly image for
> 9.0-RELEASE. I then updated to 9.1-RELEASE using freebsd-update. Everything
> seems to have gone smoothly but now I'm getting the below error when trying
> to isntall xorg.
>
> Error: Unable to get
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9.1-release/Latest/xorg.tbz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> pkg_add: unable to fetch '
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9.1-release/Latest/xorg.tbz'
> by URL

Alas, this is expected.  Because of the security incident
(http://www.freebsd.org/news/2012-compromise.html) all of the package
building cluster is temporarily quarantined.  So there aren't any
packages built for 9.1-RELEASE.

You should be able to use pkg_tools packages built for any 9.x release
or stable/9 if you can locate them on the FTP servers (although these
will be at least about 2 months old by now) or you can grab the ports
(use of portsnap recommended) and build your own.

	Cheers,

	Matthew