Date:      Thu, 22 May 1997 19:26:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Cheekeong Soo <airsoo@eecs.umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NIS support

I'm using freeBSD v 2.2.2 release and I'm having a big problem with NIS
password support. Here's what I've done

1) Copy /etc/master.passwd file to /var/yp
2) Generate ypservers file in /var/yp
3) Make maps using the make -f Makefile.dist
4) Enable ypserv on the server by modifying the flag in rc.conf
5) Enable ypbind on the client by modifying the flag in rc.conf
6) Modify the client's /etc/passwd to include the entry +
7) Modify the client's /etc/master.passwd to include the entry +
8) Set the domainname of both the client and the server

And it doesn't work! I wonder if anybody have experience in this can give
me a hand. Thanks in advance.

CK