Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:01:24 +0000
From:      lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk
To:        Felipe Garcia  <bsd@usis.usemb.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Installation?

Hi there Felipe,

> run vipw to change anything in the passwd files

Yes, that seemed to do the trick.

> you might need to recompile the kernel and add
> options SYS something or other ( copy it from the LINT file)
> and options XSERVER read the LINT file it is in
>/sys/i396/conf and read the handbook to see how
> to recompile the kernel

Nice, because Imust addmit that I have no clue on how to
compile a new kernel in FreeBSD - Ionly have experience with
Linux, re-compiling kernels here.

> also for matrox card you need version 3.2 of freeX FreeBSD
>2.1.5 cames with 3.1.

Well, the directory I downloaded was XF8632 - so it should be
the latest version.

> pkg_add (filename) will install the packages but check to see
>if you have any dependences (ie packages that the package
>requires installed)

Great tool ;-)

                        \\\|///
                      \\  - -  //
                       (  @ @  )
| Lars Falch                       webmaster@dbergstrom.dk |
| Supporter                       http://www.dbergstrom.dk |
                      oooO     (   )
                       \_)

  "Whoever controls what you see controls what you think."