Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:06:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jaymes Xihler <XxAlhazredxX@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   soundblaster problems

hello,
i just recently switched from linux to freebsd and im having problems
setting up my sb16 isa softset card using the pcm driver.
i have it defined in my kernel as:

device pcm
device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

this allows me to play sound in xmms, but nothing else seems to work (ie.
aviplay, esound)

as a last resort i tried using the old sb drivers:
device snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330

and they work fine...however im still curious as to why the pcm driver
doesnt work when you guys say it should with my card.  i was also wondering if
their were any kernel options specific to the athlon processor or if i can use
the options for the k6 processor with my athlon.

thanx,
James