Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 00:40:10 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Francis Vidal <francisv@dagupan.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing data segment size limit

In the last episode (Mar 16), Francis Vidal said:
> memory_pools is off, main memory is 1.5GB with cache_mem set at
> 128MB. cache_dir total is around 96GB (spread across 3 HDDs). I
> haven't really monitored the memory growth but it's now at 548MB
> (from top).

That doesn't sound too bad;  For comparison, I've got an 8gb cache_dir
with 500k objects, an 8MB cache_dir, and my squid process sits at
around 80MB of RAM used.  You've got a cache_dir about 10x larger than
mine, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an 800MB squid process.  I
could be completely off base, though.  You might want to check with the
people on the Squid mailing-list: squid-users@squid-cache.org

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com