Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:44:25 +0200
From:      Gareth <freebsd@ubersoft.co.za>
To:        freebsd mail <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba - path too deep & TX underruns

Hello,

We've got a funny setup. A freeBSD celeron 400 mhz gateway/fileserver
with 384MB pc100 ram and 3 P4 3Ghz 512MB DDR400 PC's connecting
to/through it.Our server does just fine, but we're having a problem with
copying files greater than 16MB in size to the samba (v3) server. We
get  "cannot copy file xxxx. Path is too deep." We can copy smaller
files without any problems though. The messages log also has another
message that appears quite often "dc0: TX underrun -- using store and
forward mode".

What should ii do? Can ii change some config files somewhere, or is the
situation unhelpable due to the slow speed of our server? - I read
somewhere that store and forward occurs when then machine can't IO fast
enough.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Gareth