Date:      Sat, 01 Dec 2001 12:05:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      "R.P. Aditya" <aditya@grot.org>
To:        leo@ktv.se
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with apache log

Hi,

This a question for freebsd-questions as it has nothing to do with
-stable per se.

However, this is because apache needs to know to log to the new file
-- you can send it a "apachectl graceful" or see the advice at:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#rotate

or search on your favorite search engine for "apache log rotation" (I
log via mod_perl to an SQL database and so never have to hup apache as
the file handle never changes...)

Adi