Date:      Sat, 07 Jun 1997 01:38:35 -0400
From:      Arthur Pesa <apesa@bellsouth.net>
To:        hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Visual kernel config

Short :-)
 If you use the -c at boot and go to visual kernel config, are you
editing your own compiled "made" kernel or do you see the GENERIC
kernel.

I ask becase I "made" my own kernel, I then proceeded to configure pppd.
After the reboot, I lost my ep0 (3Com) ether? Seems a new addition to
the probe was added ?????? wt0 now at the same address X0300 as my
etherlink? I do not have a wangtek QIC device (wt0) I found this line in
my DEVELOPER kernel and deleted it, compiled, Make,  and reboot all is
well. ??? Does the ppp config (I followed in the online manual) write to
the KERNEL.????? Thanks for the insight.