Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 01:44:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quick FreeBSD Java Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:26:46 -0700
From: Michael Shilman <michaels@eecs.berkeley.edu>
To: smpatel@freebsd.org
Subject: Quick FreeBSD Java Question

Dear Sujal,

  I am writing to ask for a quick piece of advice.  I am planning on writing
a GUI for an OCR app that I have written to run under FreeBSD.  I would like
to write the GUI in Java, but do not know if the environment is stable
enough to be used in an industrial application.  In your opinion, is it a
risk to use Java at this point in time?  Do you know of any commercial
implementations that will come out in the next few months?

Thank you very much for your time,

-- Michael