Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2000 15:12:03 +0300
From:      "Alexandr A. Listopad" <laa@laa.zp.ua>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL port

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 04:45:27PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Alexandr A. Listopad wrote:
>

> > hi!
> >
> > I just installed openssh+openssl ports, but I can't read any docs related
> > to opensll because they are not in $MANPATH*. What reasons for installing
> > mans to /usr/local/openssl/man ? What about system man dirs? There are some
> > other ports with this behavior.
>
> They conflict with some system manual pages.

ok.
but what about users ?? they must manually add $MANPATH* to /etc/manpath.config?
and also - what about users, who change

MANPREFIX=      ${PREFIX}/openssl

to another ${PREFIX}? They must manually remove port if they want to
deinstall it? This is because ports/security/openssl/pkg/PLIST have this:

@dirrm openssl/certs
@dirrm openssl/lib
@dirrm openssl/man/man1
@dirrm openssl/man/man3
@dirrm openssl/man/man5
@dirrm openssl/man/man7
@dirrm openssl/man
@dirrm openssl/misc
@dirrm openssl/private
@dirrm openssl

``openssl/''but no ${PREFIX}/openssl variable for the ports-related dirs...

Thanks.

p.s. sorry for my bad english.

--
 Laa