Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:48:23 -0700
From:      David Newman <woshibigstomach@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: md5 -t native vs VM

These are two different userlands and versions of md5:

- the FreeBSD 10.1 md5 manpage is dated 31 July 2012

- the OS X md5 manpage is dated 6 June 2004

Also, OS X's userland dates from Darwin and FreeBSD releases in the 4.x
and 5.x days. Granted, it has changed a lot since then, but not in
lockstep with FreeBSD.

dn