Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:22:38 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.org>
To:        "James R. Van Artsdalen" <james-freebsd-current@jrv.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD -CURRENT sata port multiplier support functional yet?

On 10Dec, 2008, at 10:14 , James R. Van Artsdalen wrote:

> Is FreeBSD -CURRENT sata port multiplier support functional yet?
>
> I just tried the 8.0-CURRENT-200812-amd64-dvd1.iso snapshot on a Dell
> 435MT (Core i7) with a generic Silicon Image 3132 card (three =20
> different
> cards actually) and two Sans Digital eSATA enclosures that were tested
> to work OK with a Macintosh before & after the FreeBSD test.
>
> It appears the port multiplier is detected but that FreeBSD is not =20
> able
> to probe the disks behind the port multiplier.

I works in some setups but not all, seems PM's even with the same ID =20
and revision are not created equal, so we still have the fine mess to =20=

find out things as we did in the old days.
I have a setup with SiI chips that works with one PM but fails on 2 =20
others, all three PM's use the same chip (ID and rev), go figure :)

I'll get it fixed eventually, but spare time is sparse

-S=F8ren=