Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:54:40 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, danial_thom@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD  is #1

--nextPart1198926.VJ500jef4V

On Monday 12 June 2006 13:36, Danial Thom wrote:
> Freebsd 4.x no doubt :)
>
> --- Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
>
> wrote:
> > I found this on Netcraft and thought I'd share
> > it:
> >
> > Six Hosting Companies Most Reliable Hoster in
> > May.
> >
> > Six hosting companies share the top spot this
> > month, with INetU, Hostway,
> > IPower, New York Internet, Pair Networks
> > andTiscali all sharing the top spot
> > as the most reliable hosting company site this
> > month.
> >
> > The six-way tie is a first for the reliability
> > survey, as three and even four
> > providers have shared the top position in the
> > past. The showing reflects a
> > strong month for hosting reliability, as the
> > winners each had just 0.01
> > percent of their DNS responses fail, just a
> > hair short of a perfect showing.
> > All six companies have finished atop the survey
> > at least once previously.
> >
> > It was a particularly good month for providers
> > hosting their home page on
> > FreeBSD, four of whom (INetU, iPowerWeb, NY
> > Internet and Pair Networks)
> > shared the top spot with two hosts on Linux
> > (Hostway and Tiscali). Overall,
> > five Linux sites are found in the top 10 this
> > month, four on FreeBSD and one
> > on Windows.
>
> http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/06/06/six_hosting_companies_most_r=
el
>iable_hoster_in_may.html
>
> > Way to go FreeBSD!!
> >
> > Beech

Regardless of which version they're running, these kind of stats are=20
invaluable when you're trying to convince some clueless manager that you wa=
nt=20
to switch their NT4 or 2K server to FreeBSD.

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com