Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 09:40:24 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "Kerpal\" Moore <gropep_it@internode.on.net>"@smtp0.adl1.internode.on.net, Robert Storey <y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to type special characters?

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 06:05 am, Kerpal\ wrote:
> Can you do the microsoft style =B4 + e =3D =E9 ?  Are there language
> mapping options in one of the control panels? I've used FreeBSD for 3
> years I suppose, but I've never used it with x windows...

I use the "dead key" option with KDE all of the time. You set it up in=20
the control panel > regional accessories > keyboard layout. I have=20
either an "es" or "en". I chose to switch that way rather than use=20
English with International or dead keys. I have gotten used to the=20
Spanish dead key setup on Windows XP and didn't have to relearn=20
anything.

Kent