Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 21:07:55 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Amy Wennings <amybsd@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD burning?

> I installed cd-write and can't find documentation anywhere!
>
> I have a DVD as acd0 and a CD-RW as acd1. Can I burn CDs with the CD-RW
> under FreeBSD? Will cd-write or anything else support ATAPI CD-RW drives?
>
> I'm tearing my hair out. :(

You don't want cdwrite, that won't work with an ATAPI writer.  Look in
/usr/share/examples/atapi.  There you will find two scripts, one for
burning audio, one for burning data.  Create an image to burn with
mkisofs (its in the ports collection).  You can then burn it (with your
setup) using (if its data for example)

burndata acd1 /path/to/cd/image

where /path/to/cd/image is obviously the filename of the image you create
with mkisofs.

Hope that helps!

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au