Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 1997 18:52:44 +0100
From:      peter@hw.nl (Peter Korsten)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   isdnpppd will only work with +ua option

I've gotten the bisdn-0.97 package with the PPP-patches for my
Teles.S0/16.3 ISDN-card to work fine under 2.2, but only if I start
isdnpppd (a somewhat modified version of pppd, that doesn't use
/etc/ppp/options) with the '+ua file' option, where 'file' is the
file that contains my usercode and password. Using the pap-secrets
file won't work. Since the man page states that the '+ua' option
is obsolecent, I'd rather use the pap-secrets file.

By placing debug statements in the isdnppd source code, I found
out why this is. It explicitly wants me to use my hostname
(grendel.IAEhv.nl) as the first field in the pap-secrets file and
tries to authenticate with that, while my provider wants me to
authenticate with my normal usercode with a 'P' prepended.

Is there a way to get around this?

- Peter
--
Peter Korsten  |  peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl (UUCP)  |  peterk@IAEhv.nl