Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:35:22 +0200
From:      Tomasz Koziara <toko@space.pl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   If your BURNCD fails after system upgrade...

Hallo

Here is a litlle hint for all the folks that as I do - use IDE recorders
under FreeBSD.
We all know that there is 'burncd' utility capable to operate on IDE
recorders via generic interface. But what to do when it fails to work ?
Recently I upgraded from 4.4 to 4.7-PRERELEASE.
After that I had some troubles with getting 'burncd' work again.
After all I got by, so here are the hints:
1. Remember to upgrade 'world' and kernel simultanously.
2. You may need to remade acd* devices in Your /dev dir ( sh MAKDEDEV acd* ).
3. If it still fails check if the CD You use is not destroyed. 'burncd' reports Ioctl errors
when you try to record something on bad media. They do not corespond directly to the
nature of error ( Device busy , or Input/Output error ) so You may get confused.

If it still does not work or You are interested in useing 'cdrecord' instead
of 'burncd' see http://www.cuivre.fr.eu.org/~thomas/atapicam/ where You'll find
kernel patches and instructions that let You emulate SCSI device.
I tryed it and it seems to work quite good thought it is still experimental
and is meant to become integral part of kernel begining from 5.0 release.

Any way: Good Luck!
Tom

====
Clearasil rozdaje 10 000 Plyt CD z hitami muzyki POP za darmo!
Chcesz jedna, kliknij. http://a1.o2.pl/rdr.php?banner_id=625
====