Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:36:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        Will Cook <wcook@gapartners.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do you get paid

Very few people on this list get paid..

However, I can make money by webhosting on my BSD server, and I can do things
that would be impossible using a non-opensource OS, because of price and
limitations to what I can modify ( I can't afford to buy a very expensive
machine to run Windows NT and buy all the software packages I'd need to
make it comparable to the low-priced PC I'm running BSD and Apache and all
the other weird little daemons on, for instance :)

I also know that most companies don't have this kind of support available,
i.e., people who use it every day and can give you straight answers
quickly.

Therefore, it's in my best interest to actively participate as best as I
can, by asking/answering questions on the list, no ? :)

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( robert@namodn.com )