Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:17:13 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>
To:        kpielorz@tdx.co.uk (Karl Pielorz)
Cc:        eculp@webwizard.org.mx, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest elf make world.

Karl Pielorz wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Edwin Culp wrote:
>
> > At least I can see some humor in lines 4 & 5.  Would that be like not
> > knowing which end is up? :-)
> > > ===> i386/loader
> > > sh /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/newvers.sh /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/versio
> > > n "bootstrap loader"
> > > head: not found   :-)    Which
> > > tail: not found   :-)  end is up
>
> I've seen this (and other problems) with the bootloader all weekend...
> I've managed to notch up around 6-7 failed 'make buildworlds' ...
>
> > What should a person do to make world without resorting to modifying the
> > Makefile and not making the boot loader?
>
> Wait? :)
>
> The way things are going - someones probably working on fixing this at
> the moment, or they will once they see the posts... ;-)

I've just finished a successful buildworld and installworld here, based
on latest commits.

Sorry for the problems, folks.  Someone plugged the new boot code
into make world way before it was expecting this to happen.

Things should be better now, though you probably want to wait a few
hours while things are check through again.

--
Robert Nordier