Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:21:24 -0600
From:      "Juan Kuuse" <kuuse@quik.guate.com>
To:        "Diego Baz" <Diego_Baz@citysearch.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Another inquiry...

>Sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering: once I install and setup
>FreeBSD, what software do I use for:

>word processing?
>accounting?
Try Star Office or WordPerfect...

>e-mail?
There are lots of mail clients included in the packages and the ports
collection.
Check for /stand/sysinstall - Packages - email
(I had a bad experience yesterday with Kmail from the K Desktop Environment;
my inbox was destroyed,
so I can't recommend that one :(   )

>surfing the Web?
Netscape in /stand/sysinstall - Packages - www
Lynx for fast, textbased browsing.

>Also, where would I get this software? I mean, do they sell this kind of
>thing at CompUSA or Best Buy? Or would I have to buy it off the Web?

One choice is to download it from www.freebsd.org , for free. :)

/Juan Kuuse