Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:13:15 -0200
From:      "Ronan Lucio" <ronan@melim.com.br>
To:        "Bob Hall" <rjhalljr@starpower.net>, "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: squid.sh problem

Bob,

It seems you added the -D option in the wrong place.

The bellow squid.sh works for me in a charm:

------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

if ! PREFIX=$(expr $0 : "\(/.*\)/etc/rc\.d/$(basename $0)\$"); then
    echo "$0: Cannot determine the PREFIX" >&2
    exit 1
fi

case "$1" in
start)
        if [ -x ${PREFIX}/sbin/squid -a -f ${PREFIX}/etc/squid/squid.conf ];
then
                (cd /${PREFIX}/squid/logs; ${PREFIX}/sbin/squid -D
>/dev/null 2>&1 &) ; echo -n ' squid'
        fi
        ;;
stop)
                ${PREFIX}/sbin/squid -k shutdown 2>&1
                # Uncomment this if you'd like the system to (attempt to
                # wait for) squid to shut down cleanly
                #echo "Sleeping for 45 seconds to allow squid to shutdown.."
                #sleep 45
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop}" >&2
        ;;
esac

exit 0

Ronan