Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:11:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      K.Greenwood <k_greenwood1@sluggy.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   POP thru Proxy (pop3gwd w. FBSD4.0-TCPD)?

Hello.  I was just wondering if anyone has gotten POP3GWD-1.2 running with FreeBSD 4.x and if you can tell me how you did it.

I am currently running 4.0 Release with Squid, and read that POP3GWD will fetch mail through the proxy.

The docs for pop3gwd specify that you must load TCPD in the INETD as follows:

pop-3  stream  tcp  nowait  nobody  /usr/sbin/tcpd in.pop3gwd

I had to search through the archives, and learned that TCPD had been integrated into the base.  Unfortunately, I do not know what to do next.

I also read that there can be an entry added to hosts.allow for this, but the MAN confused me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith Greenwood