Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 21:35:00 -0500
From:      David Banning <sky_tracker@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   console type goes weird after program

I am running a SCO program which seems to run fine.
When I exit back to the shell my prompt does not behave properly
at the console.

Each time I hit return there is no line feed. It looks like this;

bash-2.03$ bash-2.03$ bash-2.03$

and so on. My typing will not appear on the screen, but the commands are
effective. I have tried other shells, with the same effect.
I also have tried running the same test on a serial terminal, and this
does not pose a problem.
The problem does not seem to be machine oriented. I took the hard drive
out, and installed it in another machine and the new machine's console
shows the same problem.

Any idea what could be causing this?