Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:17:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        Are Bryne <are@communique.no>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/3375: Ten minute delay at boot-time

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Are Bryne wrote:

> Thank you for your patch, Bruce.
>
> I applied it, and rebooted (shutdown -r now).
> Using -v at the boot prompt, I was given:
>
> Calibrating clock(s) ... i586 clock: 133662709 Hz, i8254 clock: 1202460 Hz
> CLK_USE_I8254_CALIBRATION not specified - using default frequency
> CLK_USE_I586_CALIBRATION not specified - using old calibration method

I just noticed this thread... Excuse me for jumping in, but I had very
similar problem, which turned out to be a broken RTC on-board chip. (I
also went through changing the timeout value in clock.c . Why is it so
ridiculously big??).

Finally, I had the motherboard replaced, and everything is ok since then.

Sincerely yours,

---
Andrzej Bialecki                  FreeBSD: Turning PCs Into Workstations
<abial@warman.org.pl>             http://www.freebsd.org
Research and Academic Network in Poland