Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:06:45 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Bin Cheng <bicheng@ironport.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel 82566DM-2 support (was: no subject)

Bin Cheng wrote:
> I installed freebsd 6.2 on my IBM desktop. Try to config network
> interface. There are no Ethernet card shows. Only have plip0, sl0 and
> ppp0 showing. The Onboard Ethernet interface card in my motherboard is
> Intel(r) 82566DM-2 Gigabit network. Could you let me know what kinds of
> problem is. Is FreeBSD support this card or not?

Have you tried adding:
	if_em_load="YES"
			to /boot/loader.conf?

AFAIK, the card may be detected with the "em" driver, but it may
be that em(4) didn't support this card in 6.2.  I don't really
know; it is/will be supported in 7.X.  For an overview, read
/usr/src/sys/dev/em/README.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--
If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing.
		-- Bertrand Russell