Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2017 15:48:25 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Anthony Jenkins <Scoobi_doo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Paul Koch <paul.koch137@gmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Elantech touch pad not found on ASUS UX430U laptop

El día Monday, August 28, 2017 a las 09:26:04AM -0400, Anthony Jenkins via freebsd-mobile escribió:

> Woops... meant to send that in plain text.
>
> On 08/28/2017 09:25 AM, Anthony Jenkins wrote:
> > Your Elantech touchpad is probably connected over I2C, and FreeBSD
> > doesn't support I2C touchpads.  Support could probably be ported from
> > Linux, I just don't have the time, hardware or desire to do it.    I
> > think the hard part would be probing I2C controllers in the system and
> > then probing each one for your touchpad.
> >
> > If you'd like to take a stab at adding support, I might be able to
> > hold your hand a little.  Having access to Linux kernel logs would at
> > least make it easier to add support for your particular system.

It seems that in CURRENT there is some support for TouchPad connected
via I2C, at least for the Cypress cyapa TP. See
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=308104

One could boot some recent Linux to get more information about your
device details.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail