Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:43:33 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
Cc:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@glacier.cold.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No BSD Communicator 4.0?

> > With the beta release of communicator I was disappointed to not find a BSD
> > version in the unix list.  Anybody know if this is a permanent thing from
> > now on, or if it is just temporary?
>
> It's there, Unix BSD/386.  I tried it for about 10 minutes.  Reminds me
> too much of M$'s IE, and after jumping through every hoop I could think of
> I still couldn't get it to do java.

Same - I remember someone saying to run it in 8bpp or 24bpp (not 16bpp),
and its just not working (it gives a nice "Floating point exception"
error, helpful?). Anyone got it working at all?

But other than that, it looks very nice IMHO. Looks exactly like the
windows version, and I think people will like it (its a good thing when
soemone walks up to your unix box, loads netscape and plays, not realising
they aren't in Win95 :)

Cya.

Adrian Chadd
<adrian@psinet.net.au>