Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:14:46 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Barkley Vowk <bvowk@math.ualberta.ca>
Subject:   Re: Suspend drains battery on IBM T42

--nextPart1481447.vexa4lHics

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 06:10 pm, Barkley Vowk wrote:
> I just got a new T42 notebook, and everything works ok, except when
> I drop the notebook into acpi sleep, it burns through the battery
> in 8 hours or so. It would be nice if the notebook could suspend at
> least overnight.
I have the exact same problem on my Fujitsu P2110.

Try this patch to acpi_video:
http://am-productions.biz/docs/acpi_video_dpms.patch

It helps (you'll probably get 10-12 hours now) as it will shutoff the=20
video adapter, but I still have the power drain problem.  I'm not=20
sure what isn't powering down correctly since I've tried to suspend=20
with all the power management tunables for max power saving.

In my /boot/loader.conf:
hw.pci.do_power_nodriver=3D"3"

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry