Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:32:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
Cc:        Robin Harker <robin@workstationsuk.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT RAID controller support

We're testing out one of the low end DPT cards, but haven't had a chance
to really bang very hard on it.  It's a bit slow, but it is the version
that has the 68000 processor on it.

The main drawback is that without support in the OS to control/configure
the array, you have to boot into DOS to replace a drive or set a hot spare
active...

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB