Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:21:35 +0100
From:      nclayton@lehman.com
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@plutotech.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Eduardo.Gutentag@eng.sun.com: DAVENPORT: Upcoming DocBook TC meeting]

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 09:16:53AM -0600, Sean Kelly wrote:
> > people using and implementing DocBook).
>
> I gave up on Davenport some time ago since it was the only list to which
> I subscribed (at the time) that suffered from spam---and lots of it.

Davenport is now moderated, which has obviously killed the spam problem.

> > Ignore the Linux comment, I've already mentioned it on the list.
>
> I know you said to ignore it ... but that comment really got my goat for
> some reason.  :-(

I've had a nice apology from Eduardo for that.  I sent out;

  I know I've been known to harp on about this a bit (and Norm's fully
  justified if he decides to moderate this message in to oblivion) but
  not everyone using DocBook in the free Unix arena is using Linux.

  Really.

  Having just spent a year converting 1.3MB of LinuxDoc markup to DocBook[1]
  for the _FreeBSD_ Documentation Project, it can get a bit wearing to
  hear "Linux this" and "Linux that" all the time.

  Thanks,

  [1] The FreeBSD Handbook, available at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/,
      and ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/.  I don't know of any
      comparable body of Linux documentation available in DocBook. . .

which seems to have been well received.

--+==[ Systems Administrator, Year 2000 Test Lab, Lehman Brothers, Inc. ]==+--
--+==[      1 Broadgate, London, EC2M 7HA     0171-601-0011 x5514       ]==+--
--+==[              Year 2000 Testing: It's about time. . .             ]==+--