Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2013 00:39:53 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: smartd

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:25:32 -0500, ajtiM wrote:
> I installed smartmontools, "start_smartd=yes" I have in rc.conf

Without further investigation - shouldn't that be

	smartd_enable="YES"

conforming to the syntax of other service start commands?
At least that might be the reason why smartd doesn't
automatically start. Sadly I can't find a reference to
how to edit rc.conf in "man smartd"; at least the manual
explains the options well... ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany