Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:03:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brett Gianpetro <brettg@whatupg.com>
To:        Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Compilation Failure

> I didn't mean to be so short with you there.  You asked a valid question and
> I replied rather rudely, especially considering that you started off by
> qualifying yourself as a newbie.  I apologise.

No problem man, I understand where you are coming from.  I mean I should
have read the comments closer before posting to the public
forum.  Anyways, I appreciate the help and the prompt responses I
received.  I did get my kernel compiled, and everything is working as it
beautifully.

On a side note, my experience with FreeBSD has been absolutely wonderful
so far.  I had some past experience with Linux, and I have to say I think
FreeBSD is a far superior OS.  The install was much more intuitive, and
that ports collection is one of the coolest things ever.  Not to mention
there isn't all of that confusion with 80,000 distributions.  The list
goes on and on.  I've also found the documents well written, and the
people very willing to help and support the OS.

Regards,

Brett