Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:57:24 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Looking for good QA tests...

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 10:41:58AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I have a filesystem stress tests that are worth incorporating. I also have
> a raw disk pattern checker, but that's less of a test than analysis tool.

Does it check do things that should fail aswell as things that
should work? One of the problems with using buildworld's and the
like is that they don't try anything that should fail.

(What I have in mind here are things like cross device links,
symlink loops, operating files that you shouldn't be able to,
filling the disk and checking you get an error...)

It would be nice to go through the man (2) pages and look at the
error code sections and write code that deliberately provokes as
many errors as possible.

	David.