Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 19:06:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: To pick a Perl fight! (more)

As Mark Murray wrote:

> So - there is about 1.2MB in bin/, 3.7MB in lib/ and 0.5MB in man/.
>
> It is pretty obvious that lib/ can be slashed down by quite a bit,
> in fact I believe lib/ can be reduced to almost nothing (about

Sounds good.

> 500k), but that will involve pushing man up to maybe 600-700k.

Hmm, am i the only one who finds the new manpage terrible?  The old
one wasn't that handy either (~ 6 Klines), but at least usable as a
quick reference.  Now, perhaps we would best provide only a stub man
page for Perl5, and put the full reference in HTML under
/usr/share/doc.

--
cheers, J"org