Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 00:51:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        dave@awyeah.net (David Andrzejewski)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Release tag

As I recall, David Andrzejewski wrote:
> Did you make sure to recompile your kernel after the upgrade?

Of course.  :-)

What I'm suggesting is that /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.h should be
changed along this branch such that

  BRANCH="RELEASE"

says something else that makes clear the difference.  I mean,
RELENG_4_3 isn't a RELEASE, and it ain't quite STABLE either.

I'd even be comfortable with something very subtle, like

  BRANCH="release"

But Jordan has to make the change, as only he and the security
officer can commit to this branch.

> !Dave
	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com