Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 22:59:46 -0400
From:      "Dan Anderson" <dananderson@cfl.rr.com>
To:        <billf@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: gd-1.8.3

Hi,

When I tried to compile the gd port it couldn't fetch the tar.gz from any of
the sites listed in the Makefile.  This is my second day with FreeBSD but so
far I'm extremely impressed with the "ports" and "fetch" concept.  I created
a graphics/ dir under my ports dir, then unpacked the gd.tar and ran the
Makefile.  It can't fetch the gd.1.8.tar.gz from any of the sites listed.

Also, not sure if you are involved with the jpeg and png libraries that gd
needs, but the png library won't make as it says PKGNAME is recursive.  Not
sure how to get around this.