Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 00:33:14 -0500
From:      Ben Rosenberg <dragula@anet-stl.com>
To:        Nathan Stratton <nathan@robotics.net>
Cc:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dual cpu's?

Nathan Stratton wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:
>
> > >     Does release 3.2 see both cpu's upon install or do I have to recompile
> > > the kernel after installation in order for the OS to see and use both
> > > processors? I don't have 3.2 as of yet, but I should be recieving it
> > > this week.
> > >
> > Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the kernel must be recompiled.
>
> I had to recompile my kernel to get dual CPU support. BTW, FreeBSD kicks
> but with SMP support. I like it much better then when I tried it with
> Redhat on the same hardware.
>
> > Kenneth culver
This is cool, at least I know this going into it. Is there a document
that will run me through the steps recompiling and such. I have done it
a few times under Linux, but I have never done this under fBSD...

Thanks for the help...
--
Ben Rosenberg |---| mailto:dragula@anet-stl.com
     "Workstation powered by SuSE LiNUX"