Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:15:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MAC Address change

Also, certain protocols also tinker with the MAC address -- for example
DECnet -- which I believe uses part of the DECnet area number in your MAC
address for routing.

I'll be looking into the DECnet further when I get my Vax running and Linux
DECnet talking to it.

--Bill

--
bpechter@monmouth.com    | FreeBSD since 1.0.2, Linux since 0.99.10