Date:      06 Sep 2000 20:50:29 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linprocfs needs more stats

In order to implement some of the commonly used features of the Linux
/proc file system, I need some stats which aren't currently available
in the kernel. I know how to generate them, but doing so requires
modifying files in the sys/kern and sys/vm directories, amongst
others...

Initially, I'd like to add the following:

  - more detailed version/build info in vers.c (for /proc/version)

  - more detailed CPU usage statistics (for /proc/uptime and
    /proc/stat): number of ticks spent in {user,sys,intr,idle} since
    boot.

The changes are not very intrusive, though the CPU usage stats will
add a handful of instructions to statclock().

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org