Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2014 21:25:30 -0500
From:      "John Von Essen" <john@quonix.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Bind, DNS, and Denial of Service

Thanks... Right now I have a FreeBSD 9.3 system, after a clean install I =
went in and built Bind99 from ports with the RRL option.

Question is how do I force /etc/rc.d/named to use the new bind9.9 that I =
built from ports and now resides in /usr/local/sbin?

Do I just edit /etc/defaults/rc.conf and tell it to use =
/usr/local/sbin/named instead of /usr/sbin/named?

I thought there might be a cleaner way to do this, just curious.

-John