Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:44:57 -0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
To:        Diego Baz <Diego_Baz@citysearch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another inquiry...

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 10:39:28AM -0700, Diego Baz wrote:
> Sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering: once I install and setup
> FreeBSD, what software do I use for:
>
> word processing?

WordPerfect, StarOffice are like MS Office.
I prefer to use LaTeX.

> e-mail?

I like mutt, but there are tons of email clients in /usr/ports/mail

> accounting?

hmm? don't know what you mean... if it's something like a spreadsheet then
check /usr/ports/math

> surfing the Web?

netscape, lynx. check out /usr/ports/www

> Also, where would I get this software? I mean, do they sell this kind of
> thing at CompUSA or Best Buy? Or would I have to buy it off the Web?

all you have to do is find the software you want and do a make install,
for instance... if you want netscape communicator 4.5:

# cd /usr/ports/www/netscape45-communicator
# make install

after that you'll have netscape installed.

> Again, any information you could provide in reply would be tremendously
> appreciated.

regards,

-oscar