Date:      11 Aug 2002 13:25:27 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        NIIMI Satoshi <sa2c@sa2c.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/41300: textproc/scrollkeeper should have BUILD_DEPENDS for textproc/docbook-xml

--=-k2W22zrAsCm7ZAt15LpY

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 08:21, NIIMI Satoshi wrote:
> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > scrollkeeper indirectly depends on docbook-xml for building.  This is d=
one
> > via the explicit dependency on docbook-xsl.  If you do a make build-dep=
ends
> > from the scrollkeeper directory on a machine without scrollkeeper, docb=
ook-xml
> > is properly built and installed.
>=20
> This PR was not correct.  I confirmed that if "pkg_delete -r
> docbook-xml-4.1.2_1" and remove /usr/local/share/xml/docbook/catalog
> file, this port can be installed without any problems.
>=20
> > If you find another port creating a /usr/local/share/xml/catalog file (=
and
> > that port doesn't depend on docbook-xml), this might interfere with the=
=20
> > docbook-xml dependency, and that maintainer should be contacted.
>=20
> Although scrollkeeper adds some entries in
> /usr/local/share/xml/docbook/catalog file, it does not remove these
> entries when deinstalling.
>=20
> I think this is the reason why /usr/local/share/xml/docbook/catalog
> file still exists after "pkg_delete -r docbook-xml-4.1.2_1".

You're right.  docbook-xml doesn't list catalog as a plist file.  This
means it won't be removed if docbook-xml is uninstalled.  Not sure if
this is the maintainer's intention or not.  I'll add an explicit
dependency to docbook-xml to get around this problem.

Joe

>=20
> --=20
> NIIMI Satoshi
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-k2W22zrAsCm7ZAt15LpY

--=-k2W22zrAsCm7ZAt15LpY--