Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:02:42 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem building modules for release.

As some may know, modules are not winding up in the `bin' distribution in
release builds right now.  The problem is one may decided they don't want
to build modules when they build their kernel, but they cannot decide to
do the traditional way of building modules with the world.
I am putting back that ability.

Now that we've had a taste of both ways, I have two questions of people:

1.  Should the symbol be MODULES_WITH_KERNEL or MODULES_WITH_WORLD, (or
    something else)?

2.  Which should be the default?  Building modules with world or kernel.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)