Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:51:59 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        chemtechweb@psn.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld for 3.1 fails

On 22 Feb 99, at 16:26, Emmanuel Gravel wrote:

> It's been recommended by Jordan to do a make upgrade in single user
> mode compared to doing a make aout-to-elf-whatever, as explained by
> the tutorial.  This is if you're doing a build of 3.1 since the tut
> was made for 3.0.  It's very good and points to a few other important
> pages (like upgrading /etc and /dev) so I'd recommend you either place
> a link on your site, or ask the author if you can use it within your
> site.  Since I've used your site often for insight, and I'm sure many
> others do, it would be beneficial to many :)

Thanks for that.  Very useful!  I admit I've not been keeping up with the -
stable list.

I have already placed a link to the tutorial from my site.  The article in
question is a work in progress <grin>

	http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/upgrade31.htm?questions

> Hope this is usefull!  And hope your make aout-to-elf-build won't
> break anything :)

It most certainly was.  And no, the make won't break anything.  But the
install might.  ;)

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary