Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:50:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      steven <stevensl@mindspring.net>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: So we're stuck with using timidity now?

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:

> > Just curious.. what the status on the vm/oss "bug"?
>
> there is a fix on OSS's website that you must use on FreeBSD-3.0 release

This was commited to CVS

> are, and I barely ever crash. (The last time I crashed was 3 weeks ago.)
> The problem still isn't completely fixed, but according to Dev (one of the
> main programmers of OSS) the problem is with FreeBSD's vm code. If I were
> you I would check to make sure that the patch you applied worked. If it
> did, you should be getting the same results that I get.

Lucky! I've got a SB16. Wonder if PNP might be effecting it. Since the
patch is in the CVS, and its definatly in my swap_pager.c and i made world
since i updated. Someone mentioned they have the Dec30 current so maybe
some changes were made between then?

thanks for the ideas