Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:59:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dialin problems

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Doug White wrote:

> Have you `kill -1 1` to restart init recently?

Yup, sure have.  Did that after each change I tried with /etc/ttys.

> You should leave verbal codes ON, I think getty looks for them.

I had them on to start out with, but when things stopped working, I tried
turning 'em off, but it still didn't work.  I haven't turned them back
on, though, but from what I can tell, that's not the problem anyway.  It's
almost as if getty is dropping the DTR line as soon as the carrier signal
reaches the modem, and so it's disconnecting.  Hmm... maybe I'll try
having it ignore the DTR state and see what happens.