Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2012 16:56:44 -0500
From:      Chris Ross <cross@distal.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changes to kern.geom.debugflags?

  I had brought up a machine months ago with freebsd-9-stable.  I =
configured it to boot off of a single disk, with ZFS, expecting I would =
likely later attach the other disk to the zpool.  I tried to do that =
today, but find that I can't write the bootloader to either disk.

  Google searching shows what I used last time, that if you get a:

gpart: /dev/da0a: Operation not permitted

  you need to run

sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=3D0x10

  But, that doesn't change anything for me now.  I can write the boot =
label (using gpart bootcode -p /boot/zfsboot ${disk}) to neither disk, =
getting the same error in both cases.

  Has something changed recently?  I'm currently using a Dec 22 9-stable =
codebase, built locally with GENERIC kernel.

                     - Chris