Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 2014 09:47:08 +0200
From:      David =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sieb=F6rger?= <drs@sieborger.nom.za>
To:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   USE_APACHE range broken?

Mk/bsd.apache.mk says that one can specify a range of Apache versions:

    #  USE_APACHE=3D 22-24    # specify [min]-[max] range

So far as I can see, security/shibboleth2-sp is the only port using tha=
t=20
functionality.  However, it doesn't seem to work properly, specifically=
 when=20
I'm using Poudriere to build packages and still prefer Apache 2.2.

I've specified Apache 2.2 in make.conf:

    $ cat /etc/make.conf
    DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dapache=3D2.2

And that does what I expect in other ports:

    $ grep USE_APACHE /usr/ports/lang/php5/Makefile
    USE_APACHE=3D     22+
    $ make -C /usr/ports/www/mod_php5 -V APACHE_VERSION
    22

But it doesn't do what I expect in Shibboleth:

    $ grep USE_APACHE /usr/ports/security/shibboleth2-sp/Makefile
    USE_APACHE=3D     22-24
    $ make -C /usr/ports/security/shibboleth2-sp -V APACHE_VERSION
    24

If I already have Apache 2.2 installed, then it works as I'd expect:

    $ sudo pkg install -qy apache22
    =3D=3D=3D> Creating users and/or groups.
    Using existing group 'www'.
    Using existing user 'www'.
    $ make -C /usr/ports/security/shibboleth2-sp -V APACHE_VERSION
    22

... but that doesn't help in Poudriere, which installs Apache 2.4 as a=20=

dependency before building Shibboleth.

Should the range functionality be fixed, or should shibboleth2-sp simpl=
y use=20
USE_APACHE=3D22+ instead?

--=20
David Sieb=F6rger