Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:18:20 -0700
From:      Howard Lin <howard.lin@commerceone.com>
To:        "'darryl@osborne-ind.com'" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: DNS & PPP Question

I have seen the same problem on my Win95 and NT 4.0 boxes by themselves when
my ISP upgraded as well.  So, I don't think this is a FreeBSD problem.  I
think I got rid of it by upgrading my 56k modem (ZOOM External) to the
newest BIOS.  Make sure your ISP has the latest 56k standard (v.90 or
somthing like that).  If you can, you might want to try your modem on a
Windows machine, and see if you get the same thing (make sure you dial the
same ISP number though).

Good luck,
Howard