Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 03:56:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        kris@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: OpenSSL 0.9.5a merge

Kris - is there going to be a way in make.conf or similar to pick up
the assembly routines for RSA and the bulk crypto?  It's twice as fast
as the C version that was being built for 0.9.4, at least for RSA.
Some of us commercial users have to double up the boxes or buy
accelerators or explain why we're not using Linux to support lots of
cold RSA connections.  Failing that, can the ports be used to build
Apache_modssl for 4-stable users?

The update only took 5 minutes with a 56K modem. I can't try it right
now as dial-on-demand dynamic ppp seems to be flaky with yesterday's
buildworld - the 'sticky' default entry isn't working.  Anyone else
seeing this?

- Mike H.